Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quilt Show '13

This year's quilt show theme was "Any Holiday on Quilts". I didn't enter anything this year but Sarah and Gram did. Sarah was robbed of a "Best Color" ribbon, everyone was commenting on her gorgeous choice of colors and one lady stood and looked at it up close, then far away for about ten minutes and took multiple pictures while Katie and I watched her. Gram won a Best Pictorial ribbon for her quilt of Steven and Naomi at Refugio. We went to dinner at The Ramp, as usual.
They were having auditions for "The Voice" at the same hotel where the quilt show was being held so we had to avoid all the hipsters, though it was hard. "I'm just focusing on my music right now"..."Rainn? Yeah, I know that guy, he's, like, one of my best friends."
We got to see everyone's gorgeous quilts, learn new techniques and skills at the Saturday Night Sampler, and do some major fabric shopping.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
The youngest of four girls, all grown up now, married with two boys of my own. All I do (sewing, cooking, crafting, DIYing) was taught to me by my mother, Alice.