Thursday, June 20, 2013

MCRD Family Day

 We headed down to San Diego for Steven's Family Day and Graduation. We got to watch them practice for the graduation the following day, we saw them halfway through their 4 mile run and once those Marines were changed and no longer stinky, we got to spend the rest of the afternoon with Steven. We got to walk around MCRD and see the sights, some of which Steven had never seen before. "I didn't even know this was here." It was so great to see him after a 12 week absence and only being allowed to send letters, with the occasional phone call to his mom as a reward for doing well. Gram even got into the spirit and dyed blue and red streaks into her white hair.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
The youngest of four girls, all grown up now, married with two boys of my own. All I do (sewing, cooking, crafting, DIYing) was taught to me by my mother, Alice.