Thursday, June 20, 2013

Painting

 I don't know if it's nesting or what but I've been actively painting anything that'll stand still. We found these dining room chairs out by the curb, abandoned by one of our neighbors and we decided to bring them home and give them new life. Each got a fresh coat of paint and now they're perfect spare chairs when we entertain. Even the two kiddo rocking chairs Gram gave us got some paint. We also found a curbside dresser for Tom's room and another dresser given to us by Auntie Sarah. Both of those got a good sanding, primer and white for the outside and neutral/browns starting with the lightest on the top drawer and growing darker with the next drawer. We also got two matching dressers from Sarah for Jake's and my room (not shown) that I sanded, primed, painted brown and replaced the hardware for new-to-us bedroom furniture to replace the Wal-Mart dresser we purchased when we were first married that was ready to fall apart at any minute. They've been fun projects and I've enjoyed bringing old things back to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
The youngest of four girls, all grown up now, married with two boys of my own. All I do (sewing, cooking, crafting, DIYing) was taught to me by my mother, Alice.