Friday, July 19, 2013

Keeping busy this summer

 We had to come up with different ways to keep all the kiddos busy this summer without breaking the bank, while keeping cool, and, in most cases, while staying home since I can't fit everyone into my car. Just Dance for the Wii has been a very popular choice this summer. It keeps them active without going out into the triple-digit heat. 
While the Wilsons went out of town, I was able to take Tom and Blake to the indoor play place at the mall. We met a couple of other nice moms and kids to hang out with. 
While the little ones nap, I've taught Bekah and Bethany how to use the sewing machine safely. We've also played dice games, card games and card tricks. Spoons was a popular one.
We also had a pajama and movie day. They voted on Despicable Me and ate popcorn on blankets in front of the TV. Tom watched for about fifteen minutes, then got bored. 
Naomi also came to visit for a few days which Tom loved!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
The youngest of four girls, all grown up now, married with two boys of my own. All I do (sewing, cooking, crafting, DIYing) was taught to me by my mother, Alice.